As a user of this site, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this site. Please read all our policies in full so you know how our site works and how you will interact with the site.
- Pay special attention to your risks as a user. Website users open themselves up to certain risks, such as data collection.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. It is our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special reasons, such as research, scientific studies, and statistics, in which case you may be interested in participating with consent.
- Be aware that use of this site, its services, programs, and the health information on it cannot replace nor is it intended to serve as a healthcare provider-patient relationship. You must always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment for specific health problems.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We will not intentionally use any personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve the usability of this site.
- We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this Website.
- It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using this site.
- It is our goal to make you aware when you leave our site for another, either by telling you in writing or by another technical mechanism.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
- No provider-patient relationship is created unless we specifically notify you that one is created.
- We will not accept or show you health information content, sponsored programs, or services that we know to contain false or misleading information or that we know promote ineffective or dangerous products.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information are kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems. We use 128-bit secured socket layer encryption techniques for sending and receiving data.
About the Information We Collect
We understand that the personal information and personal health information you provide during your visit to our site is highly sensitive and you may have concerns about sharing such information with us. It is our goal to protect your privacy and we strive to develop practices and policies to safeguard your personal and personal health information.
At different places on our site, you may be asked to volunteer your name, email, address and telephone number. We refer to this type of information as “personal information” because it can be used to identify or contact you.
Personal Health Information
When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to this information as “personal health information.” We often collect information on site use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the site. We call this information “aggregate information” and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the site. We intend to use the personal information, personal health information, and aggregate information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Some personal information and personal health information is needed to use this site to provide customized reports and information to help you manage your health, and we ask that you provide it with the knowledge that it will be used to enhance your experience. This information is kept confidential. We do offer special data collection programs that you can “opt-in” to use, in some cases to receive email on health topics or to participate in a new service. For opt-in programs we provide you, when applicable, with detailed information on:
- Who is collecting the data
- What data are collected
- Why and how the data are transferred to a third party
- How the data are being used
- How long the data are being collected
- Who has access to the data
- How to opt-out of data collection
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, including cookies from our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookie, certain functions and conveniences of the site may not work properly. You do not have to accept our cookie in order to productively use our site. If you accept our cookie, we will never link the cookie to personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. We will not allow other sites or third parties to use our cookies.
Who Collects the Data
Tersigni Vision, independently and through third-party partners, collects information in different sections of this site. Tersigni Vision collects most of the data via registration and for specific contact emails. This site also can collect information about you separately from third-party partners. Tersigni Vision is interested in your information for the purposes of operating the site more efficiently, providing you with more efficient and reliable functionality, and for answering your questions and concerns. More information on Tersigni Vision is available in the About Us section. We provide you here with the identity and contact information for the organizations collecting data on this site.
Health Information Email: [email protected]
Address: 15150 Bangy Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Phone: (971) 362-2020
Tersigni Vision may retain the data collected on this site for an indefinite period of time.
Where Information Is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the site. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the site or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
In order to have access to many of the services and content available on our site, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, telephone number and email address. We may offer specialized registration for certain programs, events, and classes that may request some or all of the above information.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We may also, from time to time, send emails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send info to you. For instance, if you opt-in we may send information regarding your specific health condition..
Online Scheduling and Bill Payment
We offer online scheduling and payment as well as bill payment. We will request that you provide your name, email address, credit card number and expiration date, phone number and billing and address.
This information will be kept in the strictest confidence. When possible, we will encrypt information for secure transmission over the Internet to maintain the privacy and security of this information at all times.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, site development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the site. When you use our site, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
We do not intend to use or disclose any personal information or personal health information you provide on our site to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this section.
You should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a related third party :
- We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers that ship products ordered on our site directly to our customers. In these cases, we provide to the vendor the information necessary to fulfill your order, such as the items ordered, your name, and shipping address. We require these third parties to adhere to the same level of privacy and security levels that we follow.
- As stated elsewhere, we may also share aggregated statistical information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business affiliates and sponsors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We require vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions. We ask vendors to adhere to our confidentiality standards and do not permit a vendor to use our customer information for any other purpose. In many of these instances, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to this collection of information and can opt-out at any time.
- We may share registration data with business affiliates.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties
Linked and Affiliated Sites
We want you to be informed about the Third-Party vendors that appear or function as part of this site. To better serve our users, there are parts of our Website, such as the Services and content areas, that are operated by a Third Party (“Affiliated Sites”), as well as links from this site to other sites that are operated by Third Parties (“Linked Sites”).